Looking for manual

simonc

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi have a 132-642f515 manuf code d15212-0284 mastercraft riding mower with a 38inch deck and 12.5hp I/C Briggs engine. I'm trying to find manuals for it. Or the equivalent from another label. Including electric diagram as I can only shut it off by choking it to death.

Engine tag is 289707 0179-01 9704037A

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Simon

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi have a 132-642f515 manuf code d15212-0284 mastercraft riding mower with a 38inch deck and 12.5hp I/C Briggs engine. I'm trying to find manuals for it. Or the equivalent from another label. Including electric diagram as I can only shut it off by choking it to death.

Engine tag is 289707 0179-01 9704037A

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Simon

In the interim, rather than choking it to death, consider locating the magneto ground wire, often located on the side of the engine, and killing it with a screwdriver by grounding the mag. Or to kill it from the seat, consider a wire from that wire on the side of the engine up to a operator handy position and touch that bare wire end to any metal on the tractor.

nbpt100

Threads
Did you try the Briggs and Stratton website for the engine manual? they have quite a lot available.

Also try ManualsLib.com for both the engine and the tractor. If it was made by someone else you may find it under another brand like MTD or Husqvarna or who ever made Mastercraft at that time. By searching under pictures you may be able to cross ref to another brand. Or someone here may know and chime in.

Good Luck.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
A bit late now but Briggs do an alternator replacement guide that is all over the web for downloading.
In the back are generic wiring diagrams for different configurations.
All mowers are basically wired the same the only real difference is adding relays in place of direct switching.
And of course attempting to do theimpossible , idiot proofing them every time an idiot who should have been allowed to die at birth manages to hurt themselves then sues a mower company,, like it was some how their fault.

The 2 things that spring to mind for you mower is the kill wire on the magneto has broken or fallen off or the ground wire at the key switch has broken or fallen off.