445 PTO SOLENOID

Krupczak1

Threads
I ordered the solenoid and hope to be" in business" next week. It seems to be the likely problem. TPH will be for a box grader, thanks for the tips

Status update: new solenoid installed and I changed the fluid and filter. Tested the old and new with current direct from the battery 12.4 tested. Neither one fired,clicked or anything. There was a spark as I touched the contacts. Black to ground and the other wire positive. Nothing. The unlined runs fine and the safety switches for seat and reverse interrupt jumpered. Both LED lights on. Test procedure #6 has no voltage. It is on per the schematic on the control module board and no voltage it’s a black wire and has tested continuity to ground. What is the page reference for the power circuit or where should I rest next? The procedure is confusing using the pdf manual thanks in advance

I stripped the plastic nut reinstalling it for a retest as I didn’t have it at the 45 degree angle. Could that have affected it firing? Hope I can but a new nut

D

Deleted member 97405

The unit should click when wired direct. Since it doesn't, I would suspect maybe the plunger inside is seized. Using a 1" crowfoot wrench, remove the shaft. Install the new one that came with the solenoid kit. Make sure the little metal plunger rod is installed in the shaft piece. The large copper washer goes in the groove around the base of the shaft and seals against the trans case. You may have to use a scraper to remove the old washer if it is stuck to the trans case. Just tighten the shaft until it is snug. Slide your solenoid onto the shaft, then slide on the small o-ring. You can reuse your old plastic nut. Just hand tighten the plastic nut, then take a wrench and only turn it until you feel the nut bottom out against the solenoid. Wire it direct, and see what happens.

Krupczak1

Threads
I ordered the solenoid and hope to be" in business" next week. It seems to be the likely problem. TPH will be for a box grader, thanks for the tips

I installed the replacement as you described and tested It must be defective too. Will return and order a another.
Still need to resolve no voltage at the connector plug. Point #6 is a black ground tests no voltage. Manual says go to power circuit test points And i can’t find it. Note

The engine runs.The pto light led is on. The pto switch tests ok. I did not inspect the back of the control module. Any thoughts

D

Deleted member 97405

I'm assuming your serial number is below 70,000 as that seems to be the test point page you are using. The black wire you are referencing is just a ground wire. You shouldn't be reading any voltage there. The manual simply wants you to verify that it has a good ground connection. There is a section labeled Power Circuit Test Points. Assuming your manual is the same as mine, it looks like you are looking for page 5-147 for serial number range below 70,000. If you follow that test procedure and still can't find it, it may be time to take it to the shop. We had one last week that was firing the solenoid just fine, but had no PTO. Ended up being the clutches inside were all worn out. Good luck!

Krupczak1

Threads

You have been quite expert, helpful and patient. Think I can take it from here. Order another replacement solenoid. You led me to realize my serial is newer than 70001. Only part of the serial was visible on the machine. Procedures make more sense now.

Sean OM

Forum Newbie
Threads
I know this is an old thread but for the solenoid wrench, you can grind flat a 25mm 6-point deep socket then grind down the two flats on each side you don't need an 1/8". A socket and a grinder are cheaper then the actual solenoid tool. :)