2012 Dixie Classic Issue

Threads
After using for a while, an hour or so, she shuts down. She will restart, but when I disengage brake or engage blades, she shuts down again. If I wait a while she's good to go again. Help?D

MowLife

Threads
Check to see if the seat safety switch is working.

shania50

Forum Newbie
Threads
check you battery and rectifier, sounds like the battery make not be charging, it has to have a steady 12 volts to operate as it should

MowLife

Threads
If you have a meter you can test the switch. If not you can temporarily use a jumper to bypass the switch. If you have 2 wires going to the switch unplug it and use a short wire to connect the 2 wires together...this bypasses it.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Check the oil level.
Most Dixies I see here have an oil sensor.
When the oil is low, and the engine is cold, there is enough oil in the sump not to trigger the switch.
When it is running, the low oil level drops just low enough to trip the low out switch because of all of the oil that is tossed around in the engine.
On a slop this is worse if the switch is on the uphill side of the crank case.

After 1/2 hour or so , all the oil has drained back into the sump so it is good to go.

Second thing ( might be both ) is the tank not venting or the outlet plugged with floating debris

Last one is the charging system not keeping up with the load from the clutch.

Threads
OK, thanx. A lot to check out. Not sure about the charging system, or how to check that. Also, the tank venting?
It seems like it's one of these things tho. Sometimes if I shut down the blades fast enough, it recovers.

Threads
Re: 2012 Dixie Classic Issue HELP

So weird: after using for a while it still tries to shut down. If I shut blades off & put on Emergency brake, she keeps running. Then when I try to release E brake, she tries to shut down. Also if I try to engage blades she tries to shut down.
Oil level is good.
Seat switch is bypassed.
E brake safety?
Clutch?

Threads
Check the oil level.
Most Dixies I see here have an oil sensor.
When the oil is low, and the engine is cold, there is enough oil in the sump not to trigger the switch.
When it is running, the low oil level drops just low enough to trip the low out switch because of all of the oil that is tossed around in the engine.
On a slop this is worse if the switch is on the uphill side of the crank case.

After 1/2 hour or so , all the oil has drained back into the sump so it is good to go.

Second thing ( might be both ) is the tank not venting or the outlet plugged with floating debris

Last one is the charging system not keeping up with the load from the clutch.

Not sure what U mean by these last 2 items. Please Elaborate?