SImplicity Landlord DLX 17hp electrical ? module Interlock?

Kuhndog10

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / SImplicity Landlord DLX 17hp electrical ? module Interlock?
Hello, I need some help on an old mower of mine and am seeking information to help figure it out. I have a simplicity landlord Dlx with the 17hp Kawasaki motor. I have no spark. I am not very good with electrical and have been seeking help from my cousin who is pretty good mechanic. He first questioned the ignitor on the mower but then he didn't think any power was getting to the ignitor. Then secondly he questioned what looks to be called the module interlock which does have a little melting damage to it. Backstory is I accidentally hooked up new batteries backwards and when mower wouldn't do anything I jumped starter relay to turn it over before I realized what I did. He looked over all the other safety switches and coils and thought everything looked good with multimeter but those were his two question marks. Don't know how to test this module interlock or if that would prevent power to ignitor in some way. other than that I did find the test online for the ignitor and haven't done that yet but it does look to be a fairly expensive part. if anyone could help me out I would greatly appreciate.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Please give us the model and serial numbers for both the tractor and the engine. We will then be able to better see what you are talking about. When you say igniter, do you mean spark plugs? Are you sure that what you are calling an interlock module, are you sure it is not the voltage regulator? Very few Kawasaki engines have modules. Is this module mounted on the engine or tractor? Remember we are not standing next to you and you must paint us the best picture possible to get good answers from us.

Kuhndog10

Forum Newbie
Threads
OK the tractor is 1692840. The engine is a Kawasaki fd501v. On the mower it says Landlord Hydro 17 liquid cooled. The Interlock module Is mounted on tractor on backside of dash. It has a wiring harness that plugs into it. I see the part as number 26 on the diagram in the link below. and then the Ignitor is a black square box mounted on the side of the motor It has two wire harness coming out of it. It is shown in second link. I believe and correct me if wrong that it uses battery power to provide initial spark for start up until pulsing coils take over and provide spark to plugs. Like I said not super familiar with this stuff and this has become a project for me. Hoping to figure it out.

https://www.jackssmallengines.com/j.../electrical-main-harness-liquid-cooled-models

https://www.partstree.com/parts/kaw...aki-fd501v-4-cycle-engine/electric-equipment/