Cub Cadet 1515 flooding out

AndyH24

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, I have a cub 1515 with a kohler cv15s engine. It is flooding out while running. It has a fuel pump and an LMK walbro carb. I replaced the needle because the one in it had a rubber tip and it was worn and deformed looking. The kit I got came with an all metal needle but it said it was for my carb. The mower ran good for the next use but it is now flooding out again while running. When I take the air filter off, the intake is full of fuel. Any ideas what I can check next?

Thanks!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Two things, did the carb kit come with a replacement seat? If your carb had a viton tipped needle, to use a solid needle you must replace the seat. Please post the model and spec numbers off the engine, plus the part number for the kit you received and I’ll check to see if you got the correct kit.

AndyH24

Forum Newbie
Threads
I didn't change the seat. The kit I used was Kohler 1275703-s my engine spec is cv15s-41612. Thanks

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Should be the right kit. Looks like it had two seats depending on which needle you used.

AndyH24

Forum Newbie
Threads
When I got home from work, I took the carb off and checked it out and the needle does seem to have a rubber tip. The brass seat looks good and clean. Any ideas?

AndyH24

Forum Newbie
Threads
I polished the seat with a qtip and polish. I put the carb back on the mower along with a new spark plug. It started right up and ran for about 5 seconds then died. The intake was full of gas again! I took the carb back off and noticed some black dirt in the bowl. I took the float and needle out and noticed 1 speck off black dirt on the seat. Could this be the cause of the flooding? It has a brand new Kohler fuel filter so not sure where the dirt is coming from. I cleaned the carb and set up a fuel tank and line to gravity feed the carb and check for leaks and didn't see any. However I just realized I didn't energize the fuel cut off solenoid. I'll have to try again tomorrow.

MowLife

Threads
Your fuel line may be decaying after the filter.