Low Vibe Trimmer?

Beamster

Threads
Need a low vibration trimmer due to sensitive hand nerves. Personal residential use. Any suggestions?
Oh and the lighter the better.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've never had one but I think an electric trimmer would vibrate a lot less than a gas powered one.

primerbulb120

Threads
Check out the Husqvarna 525L. It has an anti vibration handle. I have one and it works very well...

cruzenmike

Threads
Cordless!! Most of the vibration in a trimmer comes from the motor and the fact that a single cylinder engine in naturally unbalanced.

There are many options out there that would do all that you need as well as some having versatile attachment options.

If you prefer to stick with gas-powered, you need to look for something that is specifically marketed as low vibration. You might also benefit from anti-fatigue gloves that are designed to reduce vibration.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sorry to hear about your hands
First and foremost you need to get a trimmer that fits you properly and a harness .
Then adjust the fixing point on the trimmer so without you touching it the head sits just above the ground.
Then as Mike suggested get some low vibration gloves
They come in both full fingered and fingerless .
For use in the garden, fingerless will be the go .
Some times called Jackhammer gloves .
Down side is you will need to go to a safety equipment shop and try some on because their sizes are a bit funny.
The best anti vibe handles I have seen are on the Shindawas but only on the larger models with bull horn handles.
Yet to see a loop handle with anything that looks like vibration damping other than a lump of foam wrap.