tecumseh 3.5 hp engine carborator

throberts2

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a model AV 600 660 -38 engine on a flymo. I rebuilt the carb and have a linage that I do not know how to install. see attached picture of the link. can anybody provide picture of carb with this linkage installed?

Attachments

• IMG_0640.jpg carb.jpg
    IMG_0640.jpg carb.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 10

jp1961

Threads
2 stroke or 4 stroke?

Regards

Jeff

Its Me

Threads
It is a two stroke, I will take a pick of a 3.5 that I have here that is the same motor, will do best to post it tonight, if I remember right it went from the Carb. to the air vane governor, but that was a long time ago, I used to sell them, think I was 1983, they worked good until you would loose the cushion of air under them.

jp1961

Threads
Hello,

I checked both my Chiltons and Intertek small engine repair manuals and don't see a linkage like yours.

The Tecumseh 4 horse vertical shaft engine used a mechanical governor, but most others used an air vane governor.

I have an engine similar to yours off and old trash picked mower and it doesn't have an arm like that.

Problem with Tecumseh is they made a TON of different engines.

I'd go on parts tree.com and check your specific model. I'd look for you but I've got work up the wazoo.

Regards

Jeff

throberts2

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for your efforts I have checked the manual online and do not see a configuration like this one. It is an air vain and there is no throttle. Since it is on a Flymo is a unique application