Not getting fuel

freeon

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an old lawn tractor that has been sitting in a shed for 5+ years. I'm trying to fix it so I can sell it. I can't get it to start. I replaced the gas in the tank and cleaned the carburetor. But still won't start. Compression is good, there are no blockages in the air intake all the way up to the valve. Fuel flows freely out the tube that connects at the carburetor and the several times I have taken it apart the fuel bowl is always full. I verified that solenoid under the carburetor works. If I spray fuel directly in the carburetor it start for a few seconds then shuts off. I have taken apart the carburetor several time and sprayed carburetor cleaner followed by compressed air in all the ports. For some reason it's still not getting fuel to the engine. Any ideas what else I can check? The engine is a 280H07-0036-E1.

freeon

Forum Newbie
Threads
I forgot to mention that I had also installed a carburetor kit. It still baffles me as why it's not sending fuel to the motor, however i got an offer on it tonight as is, that was not that far off what I wanted to sell it once I got it running so I sold it. I told him to let me know what was the problem when he fixes it.