Walk behind Limit mower's ground travel speed to a slower speed

Thin & Crispy

Forum Newbie
Threads
I use a Husqvarna 22" self-propelled AWD walk-behind mower to mow the grass on a slope along my long driveway. (This is all I use it for, otherwise I use a 48" zero-turn mower) I've had this mower for 4 years now. From the very first time I used the mower, I've been wishing there was a way to limit the travel speed to a speed that is reasonable for a 73 year old man mowing on sloped ground. I want to pull the bar all the way back but have the mower travel slower. As the way it is from the factory, a 16 year old kid wouldn't be able to keep up with this mower if he pulls the bar all the way back. Does anyone agree with me that Husqvarna ought to allow a user to limit the travel speed of their self-propelled AWD mowers? Is there a way for me to limit how fast this mower can travel while the bar is pullled all the way back? Thanks for any comments and answers.

MowLife

Threads
On my AWD Husqvarna it has a adjustment in the drive cable along the handle bar that controls this. I don’t know if you have this?

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you don't have the adjustment MowLife posted about, why not put a spacer in between to keep it at your pace.

Bob E

Threads
I've always found the single speed ones to be way too slow.
You could lower the engine rpm's. I'm pretty sure they are still putting that adjustment on the carbs.

Thin & Crispy

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've always found the single speed ones to be way too slow.
You could lower the engine rpm's. I'm pretty sure they are still putting that adjustment on the carbs.
I have mulching blades on the mower. It's important that the blades run at full throttle to cut properly.