platford

Forum Newbie
Threads
The moderator was dogging me because I hadn't posted as a new member yet. I decided to become a member because I have a 1993 Craftsman Lawn Tractor that I am "storing" for a friend of mine. He sold his property and has no use for it and said I could use it. The tractor is in pretty good shape and works most of the time. I have 6 acres, mostly sage brush, juniper, cheat grass, native grasses, native plants like penstemon, lupine and a bunch of weeds. I need to keep it trimmed up because of the fire danger. I can't afford a brush hog for my tractor so I use the lawn tractor around the edges to keep weeds cut down.

The tractor probably isn't "rugged" enough to mow some of the weeds because the ground is uneven, rocky in spots and creates problems for the tractor. I have been spending a fair amount of time fixing it, mostly mandrells and pulleys. Because it is so old it is hard to find certain parts and I finally found an owner's manual that has been a big help.

That is why I joined the lawn mower forum. I figured it would be a good resource for questions or problems I might have trying to keep the mower running.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome aboard !! Moderator is just trying to help. It is NOT a paid position, so I appreciate the time & effort they put in here.

platford

Forum Newbie
Threads
My comment about the mod dogging me was not meant to be anything judgmental.

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

We're not really bossy. I promise :biggrin:

platford

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you! I'm glad to be here and bossy is OK, sometimes I need that!! - HA