Manual for Briggs 500E series 140cc engine

nbpt100

Threads
I am working on a B&S 500E series engine and to get the Model number you need to have a QR code reader on your phone which I do not.

Does anyone have a PDF of the OP manual?

It is not as easy to find as one would think.
Thanks.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The new briggs push mower engines have the model number stamped into the side of the block and then appear to be painted over. Seems it is on the same side as the carb.

primerbulb120

Threads
Stamping it into the block is probably better than stamping it into the shroud/starter housing. Replace the starter and you might change the model number in the process...

nbpt100

Threads
I found it by backing into it from the mowers parts listing. It is a model 9P602. Not sure of the type but I was able to find a manual from this. Thanks!

nbpt100

Threads
I also want to add I was able to find it stamped on the block near the oil fill tube which is on the muffler side of the engine. It was very hard to see. No mention of this on the B&S website under the topic of where to find your model number. They actually have a video directing you to the area between the valve cover and the Carb. That is where the QR code is located and the Serial Number is clearly given. They tell you to read the QR code with your cell phone to get the model number. I find this a lame attempt to collect your contact info.