Craftsman Platinum 7.25 series help

Ant...

Threads
Hello everyone
I have a small problem here with a Craftsman Platinum Series 7.25 mower.
The problem is it won't start without starting fluid. I've been through the carb three times now. there is nothing in the carb it is spotless. I can pull my heart out it will not start as soon as I spray a tiny bit of starting fluid through the air filter it fires right up and then dies. I had the carb cartridge out of the carburetor it is spotless all the O-ring seem fine. All holes are clear , No fuel is leaking or anything like that. Can it just be a bad carburetor?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
since i dont have your model number, i can only assume you have a metal and not plastic carb.
Did you clean out the main jet? which is the bowl nut you took off to access the insides of the carb.

Ant...

Threads
since i dont have your model number, i can only assume you have a metal and not plastic carb.
Did you clean out the main jet? which is the bowl nut you took off to access the insides of the carb.

It is the plastic carburetor. I have done many of them before never had this problem. I pulled the carb off one more time I've cleaned it put it back together, I am also drain the fuel out of the tank. I'm going to get fresh fuel in the morning and hope somehow my fuel got contaminated with water or something. I doubt it but it's the only thing left I can think of. We have had a ton of rain here in Florida Fort Lauderdale so I'm thinking maybe somehow water got into my fuel supply. I will know more tomorrow.

Ant...

Threads

Learn something new everyday don't you?
I think that video showed me my problem, there's something wrong with the linkage on the top of the carb ( auto choke) I'm not sure but I'll know tomorrow . I think one of the levers are broken. Hopefully not. I'll know tomorrow for sure.
Can't thank you enough for that video.

Ant...

Threads
Just giving guys an update. I drained the fuel tank. Drained my fuel supply tank. Got all fresh fuel and she fired right up. I am going to say my fuel got contaminated with water somehow. But mower is up and running now thank you all for your help.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Glad to hear it!
Stay cool while mowing.or at least try