Repairs Yard Debris & Such

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
For years I have picked up pine cones, sticks, twigs, etc. with a Unger 36" pick up tool & a 5 gallon bucket several times a week spending 1/2 to 1 & 1/2 hrs. doing so. I got into the habit of doing so after losing drive belt to pine cone in transaxle pulley. Some days I may fill 5 gallon bucket up half way or one or two times, depending on squirrels, birds, & storms. We have had severe storms with straight line winds over 70 mph a few times over the last several years. We live in the city & are fortunate in they pick up yard debris every other Wed. on the street. There are quite a few, 5 to 10, yard services that neighbors use & most if not all do not pick up debris before mowing, only big limbs etc. If my bucket is full it may weigh 20 lbs. or more. I know I'm saving blades,belts, pulleys, etc. This is just my opinion & wondering if any of you folks do the same. I know lawn services are on a time schedule per number of yards per day & manpower plays a big part. Most services around here come & are gone within 30 -45 minutes using 1 to 3 men. Yard sweepers would be helpful if the old Parker brand came back. I know picking up a yard can be very time consuming, but in the long run you're saving down time, etc. thanks for reading, Mark

Last edited:

MowLife

Threads
I pick up all the limbs and cone myself. I don’t think it looks very professional if you try an mulch them. I’ve learned to look for these time consuming things like debris pickup and fast growing shrubs during my estimate and bid accordingly.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
We got gum trees which drop branches just for the fun of it.
Started making charcoal a few years back.
Problem solved and the pasture really likes having the charcoal added to it as the soil here is ultrafine sediment so very reactive and no organics.