New member/ Old mower

Vbull

Forum Newbie
Threads
Came over from Tractor by Net. Located in Upstate NY. My mower is an Old Gravely 8122 rider. The wife has a Toro Wheelhorse 265
I also use a Yanmar 5' finish mower and 5' Landpride brush cutter on a Yanmar 4x4 tractor for when things get a bit out of hand.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sounds like you mow some serious grass up there. My wife's mower is a Ranch King hydro with a Briggs twin. She has never sat on it. Kind of a joke around here. You are a lucky man I think.

Vbull

Forum Newbie
Threads
When we built this house on the edge of a 6 acre hay field I told her she could have as much lawn as she cared to mow.
Before building the house I mowed the edges of the field and the house site with the Yanmar. It was infested with something the locals call ironweed. Turns out to be "Wing Stem' that is a perennial that can grow to 10' tall before dying back each year. Took a couple years to get it under control.
She mows about 2 acres with the Wheelhorse and does the rows between the grapevines (100+ vines) I do the wood trails and a small meadow down the wood road from the house.
The Gravely is a tough reliable machine. The Wheelhorse not so much. I'd be lost without the Yanmar.

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!