How to find Husqvarna models of Craftsman tractors

Southerner

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have multiple Craftsman lawn tractors. I would like to find parts blow ups and parts lists for them. One I think I know. It is a Craftsman YS4500 which is a 917-276601 and I think it is a Husqvarna YTH22V42.

One I do not know is a Craftsman 917-288570 which is a 26hp and 46 inch deck. The other is a Craftsman 917-289900 which is a 28hp tractor with a 54 inch deck.

I have tried Husqvarna site but no luck there. I see Partstree.com lists some but when searching for those same models for parts nothing is found.

My question is, is there somewhere that gives me a cross reference to find the Husqvarna model and manual?

Thank you.

Southerner

Forum Newbie
Threads
It's not really a cross reference but you can get the parts list and owners manuals here https://www.searspartsdirect.com/

Have you looked at any of those Sears manuals? They do not include parts break downs or part numbers. If you go to the Searspartsdirect page for that tractor you can find a breakdown for each module of the tractor but you can't download it (easily) and they only list part numbers for parts they currently sell or had in stock this week. I tried to go to the manual for one of my tractors last night but Sears pages would load them immediately give me an error 500 server error. That seems to be a common practice.

Now if you know what the Husqvarna model number is for that same tractor you can download a manual that includes the parts breakdowns and parts list. Then you can go to any of the online retailers and if they have the part, buy it. That is why I want the Husqvarna model numbers for my tractors. Also Sears shipping has been high or at least a lot higher than most others

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The part numbers listed on the partsdirect site are the Husqvarna part numbers for your mower. Just get the part number and then order that number from your normal parts supplier.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Pick a couple of parts from the Sears parts breakdowns, write them down.

Go to Jacks small engines and search for that part number.
Then click on the more information button
Under the image of the part will be a section called "other models" or "also used on"

If this has been linked you will get a list of all of the other mowers that use this part.
Use things like ignition switch, PTO switch / lever , transmission complete , deck complete & engine complete
Then with each part have a quick note of what models come up ( I use a screen shot & print it out) .
The mowers that come up in all of the 4 or 5 listings will be close enough to be the same for parts purchasing purposes.

I have to do this sort of thing almost daily as we get a lot of rebadged mowers down here that have less then zero technical support.

For a service manual, find the JD that looks the same, same PTO method, deck size & tranny.
Most of the 100 series JD's are the same design as what AYP is using.

gerrybc

Forum Newbie
Threads
craftsman garden tractors built by husqvarna start with 944-not 917

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
craftsman garden tractors built by husqvarna start with 944-not 917

917 has been Husqvarna at least in the USA for years. May be a Poulan reference number but Poulan is owned and manufactured by Husqvarna. And there is no such thing as a poulan dealer anymore. They are Husqvarna consumer products dealers.

I believe the 944 number was actually Roper.