Repairs Fuse Issue - CUB CADET XT1-LT42

Gerhard

Forum Newbie
Threads
CUB CADET XT1-LT42 had dead battery, turn key, nothing. No lights , dash ...... Key was possibly left in on position. I'm not the only one that uses it. Jumped it with one of those portable jumper, air compressors (STANLEY 1000/500 Amp Jump Starter w/120 PSI Compressor (J5C09)) Got it running briefly. adjusted throttle / choke and it quit. I tried jumping again and the 20A fuse under seat coming off Battery pos terminal blew. I charged battery and it's holding the charge. Currently at 12.8 but every time I try to start it, the fuse is blowing. Any ideas on what is causing this? It's still under warranty. 1 year old. Could jumping it, screw up the fuse wiring? Thanks!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Fuse blowing instantly = dead short
It is not likely to be covered by warranty.
Try removing the carb solenoid plug, these can burn out & go dead short.

If that is not the problem then pull the plug off the alternator / rectifier
These can also go dead short when left on for extended periods.

After that it is a case of downloading the wiring diagram and finding the short.
Turn the switch to the run position and see if the fuse blows
If not then turn it to the start position and see if the fuse blows.
If it blows in the run position then it is most likely a fault in the charging ( rectifier ) or running ( carb solenoid ) circuits.
If it only blows in the start position then it is a cranking circuit fault.

Gerhard

Forum Newbie
Threads
Followed your advise. Looks like it's the headlights.
I'll look into warranty on that. Any direction on this issue? I will attempt to find a break in wire, but the thing is a year old. I don't see much wear.

Thanks for your help!