First Post

richnfla

Forum Newbie
Threads
Greetings....

Although I'm not new to cuttin' grass, having done it one way or another for well over 50 years, but I sure am new to posting about it . Never considered that it was all that interesting , or complicated , until I found this forum. Ahh what a brave new world. What's next , texting ? tweeting ?

I'm getting ready to replace my current mower , a 42" Murray that I'm just tired of fixing . I have a 5 acre property and am thinking of going to a zero turn but the number of choices are mind numbing. I'll probably be posting with a bunch of dumb questions so be kind to an old guy.

Hoping at some point that I may also be able to contribute to the cause .

Rich

NorthBama

Threads
Welcome
lots folks here willing to help ask any question you like. I call it gaining new knowledge:smile:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
:welcome:

Yes there is a lot more to it than one would have thought.
It just shows what happens to a simple device once you try & make it idiot moron proof and appealing to the bone lazy.
They become very complicated, way more than they should be which is why I like to older models with nothing but a seat switch.
Or the slightly newer ones with a manual gear box that you have to stop to change gears.
Next in my great mower list are the cone / disc clutch mowers with transmissions that run faultlessly for thousands of hours but the down side is heavy leg pressure is needed to make them go so the lazy won't use them.

richnfla

Forum Newbie
Threads
I suppose around $3K should get me something . Looking for a good residential grade , not necessarily commercial.

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
Hi Rich. Happy you found us! :welcome: