HEIGHT Adjustment Difference : FRONT to BACK

LMAN007

Threads
I just got my Honda HRX217VKA with the GCV200 engine, and I really like it.I have one question about the height adjustment of the wheels. I find that with the zoysia grass that I have in my back yard I get a better cut, no grass clippings at all trailing the back wheels, if I set both front wheels to notch 4 (2 1/2 in. cut) and the 2 back wheels set to notch 3 (2 in. cut), if I set all four wheels to the same height I get some clippings visible behind the rear wheels. The manual states you should set all 4 wheels to the same setting but I get a much better cut with the settings I have just described. By the way, I have the lever set to FULL MULCH. (first slot)
The front yard (not sure of grass, but not zoysia) I set all 4 wheels the same, notch 4 (2 1/2 in. cut), and I get a great cut, with no clippings visible. I am a bit confused by the manual saying to set all 4 wheels at the same height. Will this cause a problem with the mower down the line or just forget about it and enjoy the great cut with the off-set heights of the wheels on the back yard side of my house. (zoysia grass)? :cool:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The manual is a guide. Set the wheels where you get the best cut. Sounds like your lawn is much thicker than the average lawn.

Lawn Addict
Threads
With the rear lower, that is commonly referred to as "heeling" the cut. My Neighbor has Bermuda & says he gets best cut doing the same on his Zero turn..

No need to fix something that seems to be working well for you..

LMAN007

Threads
The manual is a guide. Set the wheels where you get the best cut. Sounds like your lawn is much thicker than the average lawn.

My lawn IS very thick. It's like walking on a trampoline , very bounce.:smile:

LMAN007

Threads
With the rear lower, that is commonly referred to as "heeling" the cut. My Neighbor has Bermuda & says he gets best cut doing the same on his Zero turn..

No need to fix something that seems to be working well for you..

Thanks.:smile:

Lawn Addict
Threads
:thumbsup:

Lawn Addict
Threads
Why am I getting a notice on this old thread ? It seems a new post was deleted. OK.