Craftsman Platnium 24HP engine trouble cold starting

cam2363

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have had this problem with my mower for a few years now, when not having been started for a week or 2, it refuses to start almost every time without some starting fluid, and the times it does start, there is a lot of cranking. But when it has started, it fires right back up, no issues.

All the basic maintenance has been done, plugs, oil, fuel filter, air filter, battery, and a carb clean.

Does anybody know what could be causing this? Is it the carb or something else? I thought about adding a small, electric fuel pump to help but I'm unsure if that would help or do more harm. I do know the carb gets fuel as when I did the cleaning, I cranked the mower and fuel did squirt out from the line.

Any help or advice would be appreciated!

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Does this mower have the single throttle/choke control. If so it is not unusual for the cable to slip where it connects under the clamp on the front of the engine preventing the choke from closing all the way. So move the control all the way to the choke position, and then loosen the cable clamp at the engine and take all the slack out of it and tighten the clamp and see if that fixes the problem.

cam2363

Forum Newbie
Threads
adjust valves with engine cold, post model xxxxxx, type xxxx, trim xx from engine.

https://www.google.com/search?q=how...chrome.0.0.37997j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

tried that, not much of a change. Also forgot to mention that sometimes when trying to start it, a buzzing sound happens and the engine no longer is being cranked, but the key is still in the start position. Sometimes it happens, but the engine is firing and it starts up despite the buzzing sound