Bent pushrod again. Model 205432

Sean2202

Threads
Greetings,

I have a Billy Goat push blower QB1004 with a 10HP B&S engine model 205432 that I replaced the pushrod part number 592673 back in February of this year. The original pushrod that I replaced had come off of the guide and became bent and I thought it seemed odd that this happened. After replacing the bent pushrod, I adjusted the valves to .004 to .006 both intake and exhaust at TDC compression stroke and put a new valve cover gasket on. The blower ran great until 6-15-19 when it would not start. I pulled the valve cover gasket off to find that both pushrods had come off of the guides and now both were bent. The engine has probably 30 hrs of use since February. The oil was changed in February and does not seem overfilled now. This machine is very hard to start in general because the whole fan in moving. There is also a lot of vibration with it. as well. I believe it is a 2006 model possibly. What am I doing wrong here or is there something else going on with this engine to have these pushrods come off the guides and bend?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Sean

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Look inside the valve springs to see if the valve guides have migrated toward the spring keeper washers. The guides should only stick up about 1/4-3/8 inch from the head surface. if they are close to the spring keepers they will bottom out the rockers and bend the push rods.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Have you checked under the blower housing for debris trapped in between the cylinder fins, that can cause an overheat situation & possibly allow the valve guides to push up.