Husqvarna HU550FH (22") 140cc High Wheel Self-Propelled Lawn Mower thats DEAD !

MowerTedII

Threads
  • / Husqvarna HU550FH (22") 140cc High Wheel Self-Propelled Lawn Mower thats DEAD !
I have Husqvarna HU550FH (22") 140cc High Wheel Self-Propelled Lawn Mower thats DEAD !
It was given to me, I hope to revive and use it !
Below I've posted pictures of mower and manufacturers model/serial # plate.
Just looking for logical diagnosis procedures to see if I can bring life to mower !
I don't know why it died !
What I do know is that when you squeeze both bars you can pull the starter cord freely !
Maybe there's an inherent problem with this machine ....I don't know !
THANKS !!

Attachments

• Husq2.jpg
    Husq2.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Husq1.jpg
    Husq1.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Husq.jpg
    Husq.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 5

platefire

Threads
  • / Husqvarna HU550FH (22") 140cc High Wheel Self-Propelled Lawn Mower thats DEAD !
Re: Husqvarna HU550FH (22") 140cc High Wheel Self-Propelled Lawn Mower thats DEAD !

How do you know it's dead. Did the previous owner tell you that or have you actually put some fresh gas in it and tried it? The very first thing I would do aa a starter is drain the old gas out and put some fresh in it, make sure it has oil up the mark on the dip stick and then try it. If it didn't then crank, I would begin to check for a spark and gas/carburetor. If I assessed that there is any life left in it worthy of keeping it around, I would then give it a good cleaning. Bob

MowerTedII

Threads
Re: Husqvarna HU550FH (22") 140cc High Wheel Self-Propelled Lawn Mower thats DEAD !

How do you know it's dead. Did the previous owner tell you that or have you actually put some fresh gas in it and tried it? The very first thing I would do aa a starter is drain the old gas out and put some fresh in it, make sure it has oil up the mark on the dip stick and then try it. If it didn't then crank, I would begin to check for a spark and gas/carburetor. If I assessed that there is any life left in it worthy of keeping it around, I would then give it a good cleaning. Bob

Previous owner simply told me it died! Then they went out and bought a Ryobi battery op mower !
Anyhow...I got it back alive !
Found spark!
Pulled hose off from fuel tank.
Sprayed carb cleaner down throat of carb let sit.
Pulled on cord with no spark.
Then I sprayed starting ether down carb butterfly and fuel hose.
Pulled on cord with spark....it ran for a second, but I knew it just needed fresh fuel!
It runs fine !

platefire

Threads

Glad to hear you got it going. I had a Wheel Horse 520-H given to me once and that's the only mower I've had given to me. Lot of times it still has a lot of life left in them, you just have to give it a little TLC. Bob