Murray 500e question

supergrendel

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Murray 500e with engine model 09P6020096F1. When I put gas in the tank you can see a steady flow of fuel run out the this nipple at the bottom of the carburetor. I don't know if I'm missing a line that's supposed to run back to the gas tank or what. Maybe the pics will help? Sorry they are sideways in the forums but not on my PC. IMG_0306.jpgIMG_0307.jpg

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Your float needle is stuck open. Time to remove the carb, clean and rebuild with a new float needle and seat.

kwgerloff

Threads
The white nipple is just a vent . Nothing goes to it

twerth

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've got the same mower with a semi-similar issue, so I'm going to ask my question here (hope that's ok). My mower leaks fuel out the hole in the primer bulb while the engine is running. Float and needle seem to be fine, and the leak stops when the engine is shut off. The leak only appears after it's been running a few minutes. I suspect a plugged jet somewhere, but don't know where to start. Any ideas? Thanks.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I suspect you have the same problem, but dirt in the system is also contributing to it. Clean and rebuild, plus clean and flush the tank and fuel line.