Murray 500e question

supergrendel

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Murray 500e with engine model 09P6020096F1. When I put gas in the tank you can see a steady flow of fuel run out the this nipple at the bottom of the carburetor. I don't know if I'm missing a line that's supposed to run back to the gas tank or what. Maybe the pics will help? Sorry they are sideways in the forums but not on my PC. IMG_0306.jpgIMG_0307.jpg

bugdewde

Threads
I am not familiar with that carb … but I have had a similar situation on a power washer …. The float in the bowl was stuck in the open position allowing fuel to continue to fill the bowl and out the overflow in a continuous stream.

If you google your stuff, it might be an overflow. If so, your carb fuel bowl float is stuck. Sometimes a few taps with a hammer or something on the outside of the bowl will dislodge the float/needle valve. Otherwise, simply remove the bowl (usually one bolt on the bottom of the bowl) and free up the float/needle valve with your finger. If that is an overflow......

bugdewde

Threads
Here's a basic drawing of how the float/needle valve operates. If your float is stuck in the low position (open needle valve), fuel will gravity feed filling the bowl and straight into the carb and out the overflow …

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Float_chamber