Cub Cadet XT-1 with Chinese made engine

Texas Lawn Ranger

Forum Newbie
Threads
A friend of mine has a Cub Cadet XT-1 with the Zongshen 547 cc Chinese engine. It had a slight oil leak that went unnoticed. The engine seized up. I can't find any parts on E-Bay or elsewhere. I was hoping to tear down the engine and see what is wrong with it. Need to get a gasket set. Anybody know anything about these engines? Any help would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Texas Lawn Ranger

Attachments

• 60294567_288647118751686_5125315565308608512_n.jpg
    60294567_288647118751686_5125315565308608512_n.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 60306673_421776448655046_8366560455400882176_n.jpg
    60306673_421776448655046_8366560455400882176_n.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 60469008_300462764208169_566039512375885824_n.jpg
    60469008_300462764208169_566039512375885824_n.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 23

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Need the model and serial numbers off the mower.

Texas Lawn Ranger

Forum Newbie
Threads
The riding mower is a strange bird. All I could find was a sticker on the hood.

Attachments

• 60028120_667732603660615_1480523107226615808_n.jpg
    60028120_667732603660615_1480523107226615808_n.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 11

mikebarber

Threads
Going to take a bit of time but I would bet a person could get a few pictures (especially with a ruler in the pix) and go to the big box stores and wherever else you might think of comparing to known engines and I bet there is a known engine with the same dimensions! Except for the head gasket all others can be made at home by hand only requiring a little skill and time THE CHINESE ARE NOT PEOPLE WITH ORIGINAL IDEAS AND ENGINEERING THEY LIKE TO COPY 1 case in point is look at the number of all the chinese clones of the Honda engines You would be better off to replace that chinese junk

A person is entitled to have their opinion and now you know mine Isn't the quest of those opinions why a thread is started

Lawn Addict
Threads
Might have to "bite the bullet" & go to a Cub Dealer.. I think they would have to have access to those parts.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
By law they have to service parts available.
When you get it, take it to a bearing supplier and get another one.
They are all standard size parts and most likely metric.

As for Chinese parts in general.
They make what flag saluting Americans ask them to make.
It can cost millions to develop an engine from scratch.
But the patriotic American customer will not pay for that, they want cheap cheap ,cheap and quick.
So the cheapest way to do this is to make a copy of an existing engine or a variation to an existing engine.
In many cases the Chinese copy is actually better than the original.
We get a lot of AYP copy mowers fitted which Chinese Kohler Courage engines.
The RETAIL price is lower that the WHOLESALE price of a Courage engine from Kohler Aust.
The Chinese Courage engines are smoother running, use less fuel ( probably because they are a little smaller capacity ) and neither crack nor have cams that fall apart as does the genuine USA made Courage engines.

Cub use the Zoenchen engine because USA citizens will not pay the $ 50 extra it would cost to fit a Briggs, or the $ 80 more for a Kohler or the $ 100 more for the Kawasaki.
If you keep on buying the bottom line cheapest mower the mower companies will continue to source cheaper mowers till they come in as a knock down partially assembled mower which is the cheapest way to import ride ons.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Bert- Some times you go a step too far about Americans.

I'm a flag saluting American & proud of it. Did my Service.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Bert- Some times you go a step too far about Americans.

I'm a flag saluting American & proud of it. Did my Service.

Buddy,

Australians are no better.
We sit here and bitch that "everything is made in China and is garbage" when the local companies who make highly durable, well made, very long service life, cheap to run & maintain mowers are going to the wall because their mowers are $ 2000 dearer than the junk Chinese imports or $ 500 dearer than the bottom line USA imported mowers.
Then we bitch that there are no jobs for our children when it is our own cheapskate attitudes & spending that has exported the jobs overseas.
We all put on our flag undies & T-shirts on Jan 26th and parade up & down the streets pretending to be proud & loyal Aussies then go out and sell the local businesses down the drain while blaming the countries we import from as being evil & underhanded.
Even worse it is not the Chinese companies targeting the USA or Australian industries, it is your & our own businessmen begging them to make cheaper products for them to get very rich importing products that will in the long run destroy the country.
But they will not be called out for the evil greedy selfish sub human species that they are.'They will be on the front pages of Time & Newsweek because they have made lots of money.
They will dine with the Generals & Admirals who commanded you , get welcomed into the White House with open arms while all the time destroying to country you were willing to lay down your life for.
However it is much easier to blame the undefended so in your case the Mexicans & South Americans that are the problem and over here it is the Asian migrants who have stolen all of the jobs, when in reality it is every one else who exported them.

Fighting on behalf of your country is a commendable thing to do but what is more important is SPENDING FOR YOUR COUNTRY.
If the customers bought the Kohler, Briggs or Kawasaki powered mowers and left the cheap Chinese engined ones on the floor then MTD would stop putting the Cheap Chinese copy engines in their mowers.
But people don't.
They buy the cheap when in reality most could easily afford the small extra amount that would be enough to keep industries turning over.
The population can destroy the country without firing a single shot by doing nothing more than opening their wallets.

Right now there is yet another "What is the best cheapest ride on" thread

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Bert, I know exactly what you are getting at and don't take any of it personal. And sometimes the companies themselves are the reason for the chinese engines on american products. Did you know that MTD refused to use Briggs engines for about 3 years. The reason was Briggs purchased Murray from bankruptcy court, and MTD know longer saw Briggs as an engine manufacturer, but as a mower manufacturing competitor.

At this point Murray mowers sold at walmart are manufactured by MTD using Briggs engines. Brute by Briggs tillers and yard edgers are manufactured, serviced and warrantied by Ardisam/earthquake, and the parts diagram on the Brutepower website list incorrect part numbers for some of the parts.. Brute log splitters are manufactured/warrantied through YTL International, Poulan Pro battery pushmowers are warranty and serviced through Greenworks service centers.

Rato/Loncin/LCT engines used on Husqvarna products are serviced/parts supplied and warrantied by Husqvarna because they are considered Husvarna engines. Actually had a case of a LCT engine on a Poulan Pro snowthrower last winter where I had the LCT part numbers but my LCT distributor didn't have them in stock and was not allowed to backorder the parts.

NorthBama

Threads
Going to take a bit of time but I would bet a person could get a few pictures (especially with a ruler in the pix) and go to the big box stores and wherever else you might think of comparing to known engines and I bet there is a known engine with the same dimensions! Except for the head gasket all others can be made at home by hand only requiring a little skill and time THE CHINESE ARE NOT PEOPLE WITH ORIGINAL IDEAS AND ENGINEERING THEY LIKE TO COPY 1 case in point is look at the number of all the chinese clones of the Honda engines You would be better off to replace that chinese junk

A person is entitled to have their opinion and now you know mine Isn't the quest of those opinions why a thread is started

I agree