stator for kf82dx

summerlane

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 1987 AMT Gator and cannot get it to start. It will turn over but will not fire. I have no spark at the plug, fuel is going to the carb. Just need a the stator. Can I use a standard after-market stator?.
Need some professional help here. thanks in advance.
Oren

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You may need more than that. The stator has nothing to do with the spark on that engine. It is part of the charging system.. If you have no spark, which is the ignition system, you may have a bad igniter, controllor, key switch, or wiring. You need a professional in your area to check out your engine, as it is not one for the average garage mechanic can do.

summerlane

Forum Newbie
Threads
You may need more than that. The stator has nothing to do with the spark on that engine. It is part of the charging system.. If you have no spark, which is the ignition system, you may have a bad igniter, controllor, key switch, or wiring. You need a professional in your area to check out your engine, as it is not one for the average garage mechanic can do.

You know I technically think the same thing, but am void of any professionals in my area to assist in diagnoses. Can you help me on this subject. At this point I don't care about the charging, just getting the dam thing running.
thanks

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Trying to assist you with diagnosing this engine is almost impossible in this environment. You need specialized equipment and a repair manual. This thread from 2015 may be of some help. https://www.lawnmowerforum.com/showthread.php/34445-Kawasaki-engine-KF82D-X-Help-Please
As stated these engines were used in golf carts, so I know there are a couple of courses in NC, so you might want to see where they get their units serviced. Sorry I can’t help you more.

NorthBama

Threads
Hi that was I that started that post. That ignition was a capacitive discharge ignition system a real pain. The old gator still runs today :laughing:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sorry, just trying to help the guy out. Yes, those engines are a real pain and use three different ignition systems, depending on where they are used. Hope the guy can find the help he’ll need.

NorthBama

Threads
No problem Rivets glad you found that post i appreciate you finding it maybe it will help
thank you much

Last edited: