In a BIG PICKLE!!! Need Cub Cadet 603-0690 Spindle Assembly

electricman98

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / In a BIG PICKLE!!! Need Cub Cadet 603-0690 Spindle Assembly
Hello!! so I am in a pickle, I have the old 365L Zero Turn and paid a chunk of money to get it fixed and running like a top, the problem is the spindle assembly broke and is not repairable. The part does not exist anymore!!:mad: can someone tell me where I can get one or worst case buy a used compatible mowing deck? Please help!!! Thanks in advance.. :cool::cool:

Dave17003

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm in the same pickle - Did you get one?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Any small engineering workshop will be able to whip you up a steel spindle housing to replace the original.
If you can still get the shaft & pulleys , all the rest is shelf hard wear.
There is a mob down here who makes steel replacement housings to replace the 3 leg AYP ones that brake if they run over a fart.
If that is not an option, go to the Rotary, Stens & Oregon web sites and search for blade spindles or blade mandrels or both.
In the "More information " or "detail" window will be the dimensions of all of them so it is a matter of finding one that either fits or can be made to fit.

MTD started to cull support of older Cubs a while back & one of the ways they do this is to no longer list or keep the blade spindle assemblies.
Also check ebay as in the case of Cub, a couple of ebay vendors obviously bought the old inventory & were selling the old 2000 series spindle assemblies cheaper than I could get a bare spindle for

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
MTD started to cull support of older Cubs a while back & one of the ways they do this is to no longer list or keep the blade spindle assemblies.
Also check ebay as in the case of Cub, a couple of ebay vendors obviously bought the old inventory & were selling the old 2000 series spindle assemblies cheaper than I could get a bare spindle for

I bought a couple of those spindles off of ebay. I'm not sure they have tapered roller bearings, as the seals both face each other. In the true CC spindles, they face the same direction.