Scag wildcat kawasaki sputtering

Rbrown620

Forum Newbie
Threads
I was given a lightly used scag wildcat stwc52a-25ka with a hydro leak. Simple fix! Got it running and realized the output shaft seal was out on the motor. Changed that out and fired right up. Mowed about 45 minutes with no problems. Parked it that night and fired it up the next morning, but forgot to turn the gas on. It died, but fired right back up. Moved it ten feet and it died again. It won't do more than a sputter at full throttle since. I've replaced carb, coils, plugs, fuel filter, oil and filter. None of this changed the symtom. The fuel pump seems to throwing a good stream of gas. I'm at a loss.

Luffydog

Threads
Didn’t the choke stick? Some of those when you pull the choke the springs gets stuff and won’t pull it back. Also might have a little water in there as well. With new carb I didn’t see that until I reread does sound odd. When you say sputter so it runs but just not wide open or wide open with no power with a miss. I would recheck your work maybe a gasket or sucking in air and causing your issues.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Engine running, then externally spray your carb base gasket & around the intake gaskets, I use a soapy water solution. If it causes engine to noticeably change in operation, you may have found your leak.

If gas is older, I would replace with fresh, & 100% gas if possible.

Rbrown620

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the replies guys. It will only run at WOT and only sputters then. I drained the tanks and flushed with gas. Filled them back up with fresh non ethanol gas. I'll try the spray trick, but I don't know if I can keep it running long enough. I did put new gasket on it when I replaced the carb, but u never knew. Do you think anything would've came apart internally since I had the pan off? I didn't mess with anything, but replacing the seal. With it running I figured that would mean everything was ok.

MowLife

Threads
It’s possible the governor is out of adjustment after pulling and reinstalling the sump pan. I would check that and valve lash. Those are easy things to check. Also are your parts you replaced OEM or cheaper knockoffs?