PTO, acceptable rpm drop.

Castleford

Threads
After a winter of blowing snow with my Kohler sv730 it developed a extreme hard starting problem so I found the choke wasn't working and fixed that. While I had it apart I cleaned it well soaking overnight in white gas & using compressed air, etc.

So now it starts on command and runs at 3540/3600 WOT with no load, I added a tach/hour meter as well.

I had the feeling that it didn't have enough guts while mowing the slope on my lawn last year, this seemed to come on gradually.

When I engage the PTO the engine drops to 3000/3100 rpm at WOT. I figured the governor should keep it close to 3500 rpm or am I wrong?
I checked the governor adjustment and it looks to be over all the way to the right, with no room to move further.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
One at time pull the spark plug leads off & try to ground them

What you are describing is exactly what happens when one cylinder on a V twin is not working

Castleford

Threads
One at time pull the spark plug leads off & try to ground them

What you are describing is exactly what happens when one cylinder on a V twin is not working

Thanks, I'll try that. I bought a couple of chinese sparkplug testers and checked them as Ok couple of months ago, maybe one cylinder
has pooped the bed.