Kubota Kommander z124 ztr starts when it wants to.

ozzy14559

Threads
Machine is 4yrs old with 123 hrs on it and right now at my wits end. Has anyone had starting problems with this model meaning after mowing for a hour shutting it off and trying to start it again, turn key, no crank, nothing. Let it sit out in lawn till the next day, turn key, starts fine. This has happened few times already and has a few dealer visits already with no resolve. If anyone has any insight it would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to go buy a magic eight ball for this damn machine, shake it, will it start today, yes/ no, will it start up after shutting it off, yes/no/ maybe.

lugbolt

Threads
Wiggle the parking brake while you're holding the key to "start". If that makes a difference, you might have a parking brake switch issue. Kubota had an "update" for a lot of them, yours might have been affected--depends on the serial number of course. You'd have to call a dealer and ask them if YOURS is affected. That program ends Jan 1 2020, so don't put it off. If you are eligible now, get it done, there were several updates on the same program that they can do (spring, pickup tube, tension arm for the deck, etc). It costs Kubota about $1000 to do the updates to EACH mower (if it's eligible for all 5 parts of the update) and SOLVES some common issues.

Chevyracing

Forum Newbie
Threads
There is a service bulletin on the ignition switch on those I believe. It is a replace when fail fail bulletin, not a campaign so it will be at the owners expense.

ozzy14559

Threads
  • / Kubota Kommander z124 ztr starts when it wants to.
Thanks to you all who have responsed. Since my first post I didnt trust this machine anymore or the dealer who sells them , sold it and bought a Ferris(600s). Couldnt be happier and actually get bored cutting now because it cuts so good, no uneven or high spot cuts and it starts every time and keeps running and starts afterwards.Thanks again to all !!!!!!