BadBoy Rogue Yamaha EFI Died and now will not turn over

thomasdanieel33

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / BadBoy Rogue Yamaha EFI Died and now will not turn over
Greetings,
Brand New BB Rogue with the 33hp EFI Yamaha. Cutting for the third time, at exactly 8hrs on the meter it started sputtering like it was running out of gas. I shut it off and put more gas in it(It was not out of gas). Now it will not even turn over. If I remember correctly, when you turn the key on, the fuel pump starts running and stays running even if you don't start it(As long as the key is in on position). Now, sometimes the fuel pump comes on for a second or 3 and sometimes not at all. And it will not turn over. No error codes on the hour meter. Anyone experience this? As one might imagine, I'm pretty pissed after spending $10k on a mower and now it is sitting about 100 yards from the house at the edge of my property where I couldn't get it up on a trailer even if I was willing. Thanks in advance for any input that may get it running.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't know for sure but would think that an electric fuel pump would shut off once the fuel system is pressurized.

When you say 'won't crank' do you mean the starter is not spinning the engine?

thomasdanieel33

Forum Newbie
Threads
Greetings,
Brand New BB Rogue with the 33hp EFI Yamaha. Cutting for the third time, at exactly 8hrs on the meter it started sputtering like it was running out of gas. I shut it off and put more gas in it(It was not out of gas). Now it will not even turn over. If I remember correctly, when you turn the key on, the fuel pump starts running and stays running even if you don't start it(As long as the key is in on position). Now, sometimes the fuel pump comes on for a second or 3 and sometimes not at all. And it will not turn over. No error codes on the hour meter. Anyone experience this? As one might imagine, I'm pretty pissed after spending $10k on a mower and now it is sitting about 100 yards from the house at the edge of my property where I couldn't get it up on a trailer even if I was willing. Thanks in advance for any input that may get it running.

It will not turn over. When you turn the key, the starter does not spin the engine.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
That's good.

Usually that's one of the safety switches preventing the engine from cranking.

Luffydog

Threads
Check the arm switches the wire are common to come loose from them causing a no start

PVHIII

Threads
Greetings,
Just wondering if you ever got this issue resolved..I certainly am liking this engine..I have about 146hrs on mine...Tons of power (more than the 35 kawi and/or the Briggs 37 efi and the fuel economy is unbelievable..js