Electrical Demons in my STT61A-27KA

Luffydog

Threads
Yours looks a lot older and is routed differently than I thought. Most of them go thur close to the handles Thur a hole unless the pic is throwing me off but really hard to tell in the pics

TheVirginian

Threads
That's a hole, just behind the left stick bracket with the Forward/Reverse sticker, and just to left of seat. BOTH plugs (p brake and right stick) have to go in that hole first then get plugged in respectively to their positions. In between the left and right side is square stock steel (the frame) it goes through to the right side. It's going to be tricky. There's probably a way, if i had some LONNNNG needle nose pliers, to reach from underneath to pull the plug tab and reach from above with needle nose to separate the plug. I have a flexible steel fish tape reel, and also the fiberglass fish rods. Thinking about feeding one through once i get old one out and TRYING to fish it through to right side with that.

TheVirginian

Threads
HA!!! GOT you, SUCKA!!! Wire harness is done. I lost skin in SEVERAL places and appear to have been bit by a pretty large spider up in that frame (fang marks about 3/8 inch apart) which is on FIRE and starting to itch.....but those two VERY inaccessible plugs? I put some sasquatch ingenuity on that and got it DONE! Will take on the electric PTO clutch in the cool of the morning then the Scag is about 99% in perfect working order with one more short harness adaptor to put on when it gets here. WOOHOOOOOOO!!!!! can't wait to have this beast operational again :) Waiting on part# 26030-2306 that goes from the rectifier/regulator, down to the harness plug and also has fan lead, temp sending unit lead and an engine ground (or two) and some other white plug i forget what i saw it going to. That plug where it joins the main harness i just replaced, has two female sockets i described in previous post that are melted/shorted. They WERE the light blue wire for temp sending unit, hence temp gauge not working since i got it from him and the yellow wire, hence not charging the battery and killing it within an hour or so. this thing is ALMOST back to beast mode :)

Money hole greedy pig cost so far (remember dude told me "there's no issues with the mower" but he'd put brand new battery in to "mask" the electrical issue for my first hour.....)
1.Ignition switch, which burnt up on 2nd use after getting it from the over amperage
2.PTO knob, which was partially melted and it's harness plug mate as well, upgraded to 10A version
3.Relay in control box when i was trying to figure out first what electrical issue was present
4.Both inline fuses and fuse holders (which is moot point now with new ones on new harness)
5.Regulator/rectifier
6.Battery
7.Main Wire harness
8.rectifier/temp sending unit/fan harness jumper
9.electric PTO clutch

Grand total thus far in parts $702.43, and add the $3000 i gave for it (in equipment trade and my stuff was actually about 3300) and we're now at 3702.43 but hopefully this thing will last my lifetime now that it will get maintained and NOT used commercially.

Last edited:

TheVirginian

Threads
i am the martyr floggin' MAAaaan!!! :biggrin::biggrin: (now watch it fall apart in a Homer Simpson moment.... D'oh!!! :biggrin: ). I cannot believe that PTO Clutch job runs over 700 locally. That was ENTIRELY too easy, seriously! The craftsman's going to be more difficult being vertical shaft than that Scag was :) I want to try it SOOOOO badly right now but i am NOT even putting juice back to the system til i replace that 26030-2306 jumper harness. I do NOT want to fry anything again. Just a few more days.......