Dying battery

DavidCurtis

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Husqvarna YTH22V46XLS, The battery keeps going dead after a few uses. This mower has the electronic switch to engage the mower. When the deck in not engaged the volt meter shows 14.25 at the battery at full throttle. Which according to my research is correct. However, when you engage the deck, it drops to 12.25. After using the mower for several hours, if you turn off the mower, the battery will be dead and just clicks the starter.

When you first start the mower, the amp meter shows it charging, however after switching on the deck it slowly goes to 0 and sometimes it runs slightly negative amps.

Nobody around here can seem to figure out the problem.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

After posting this, I went outside and put in a new battery, The voltage while running at high idle is 12.25 however, the amp meter is reading 0. It is hot here in Northern Arizona, 98, and the mower has been sitting outside all day.

Dave

Last edited:

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Poor/loose/corroded electrical connector or wire between the voltage regulator, through the wiring harness until it reaches the battery. The wiring system is good enough to operate and charge the battery, but under load there is someplace with high resistance that is preventing charging under load.

You could try running a wire directly between the voltage regulator and the battery and see what happens. Keeps charging that confirms the other issue.