briggs 104M020008F1 shutting down after 5min

dustrtin1975

Threads
any ideas? this thing shuts down after 4 or 5 mins , like it runs out of gas , or looses spark, checked for spark after shutdown and did not have spark , replaced coil and still same problem , can the flywheel be the problem after getting hot ,. once this thing cools down just a few minuets it starts and runs but shuts down after 4 or 5 minuets .. any help? any ideas?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Next time it shuts down, remove fuel cap, wait 30 seconds, reinstall and try to restart. If it restarts you have a bad fuel cap. If it doesn’t restart I would check to see if the kill wire is rubbing somewhere. I’ve replaced only one flywheel in my 50+ years of experience, so I doubt it is your problem.

dustrtin1975

Threads
Found the problem , the brand new carburetor I had put on , had an issue, the hole where the needle seat is was blocked completely , I drilled it out some and problem solved , turns out I was getting spark it was just to bright to see on my spark tester , will be looking for a new spark tester soon , thank you for all the help!!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Found the problem , the brand new carburetor I had put on , had an issue, the hole where the needle seat is was blocked completely , I drilled it out some and problem solved , turns out I was getting spark it was just to bright to see on my spark tester , will be looking for a new spark tester soon , thank you for all the help!!

Get an Oregon red spark tester, they are the only ones you can see in the daylight.
I do try to warn people that those too cheap to be true carbs everywhere on the net are mostly defective but people seem to think it is sour grapes cause it was not bought from a dealer ( which I am not ).
Congratulations for sorting the carb out.
I get at least 20 jobs a year from people who have fitted faulty parts bought on line.