LT2000 shut off while cutting with a clunk

Alweeja

Threads
What is the problem. Will only turn over half a turn.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
First of all you have to give us a little more information as we are not standing next to you drinking a gin/tonic. Can you turn it in both directions only half way by hand? Did you check the oil level? Did the engine stop or just the blades? Can you give us the model and serial numbers from under the seat? Do you have any mechanical experience? From what you said I would guess that you broke a rod, but I’m a thousand miles away and at my age I cannot see that far.

Alweeja

Threads
Sorry, but GT sounds good. model- 917 288 070. Serial #-011608D002971. Oil was one quart low and needs changing. I just cut through some thick grass also 19.5hp Briggs & Stratton. If the engine is Seized is it worth fixing or replacing? If so where do I find an engine (new or used)

Also engine turns left fine but not right. Engines stopped and blades (I think)

I have limited mechanical ability but I have friends that have experience

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you have friends with experience, grab a 6pack, invite them over and have them take a look at it. In this case being next to the unit is 100 times better than having us post a bunch of guesses.

Alweeja

Threads
If you have friends with experience, grab a 6pack, invite them over and have them take a look at it. In this case being next to the unit is 100 times better than having us post a bunch of guesses.

Gracias..... I think I will sell as is or part it out. Kind of a cheaply built model anyway. I will bring out the retired 24 hp Husqvarna.