CC600 hard to start cold or hot

skes

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought a CC600 about a year ago and it has been very hard to start. The electric starter runs fast enough and even using the pull start it fails to start. It is like it needs a priming bulb. It takes a quick shot of starter fluid in the carb and it takes off immediately. Any thoughts, ideas or known issues? If I could get rid of the thing it would be long gone.

jk3700

Threads
I bought a CC600 about a year ago and it has been very hard to start. The electric starter runs fast enough and even using the pull start it fails to start. It is like it needs a priming bulb. It takes a quick shot of starter fluid in the carb and it takes off immediately. Any thoughts, ideas or known issues? If I could get rid of the thing it would be long gone.

I have an RZT50 Zero Turn.

I had the same problem.

Had to use the starter fluid to get it started.

After some investigation, I was told that the choke cable had to be adjusted to fully close the choke.

If yours has a choke cable, you might try adjusting it.

Starts right up now!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
In my experience that engine and carb have shown to be as touchy as it can get. Very difficult to clean and rebuild and many times it is cheaper to replaced. Most of the time I’ve found the the main nozzle and jet are plugged or mismatched. Sometimes resizing the main jet helps, but not always. If the unit is only one year old and has done this since new, you might be able to get warranty help, but that will depend on your relationship with your dealer. Many dealers don’t want to deal with the steps needed to properly enter a warranty claim or don’t have a good relationship with their equipments claims department. Most often it is blamed on letting fuel sit in the carb for an extended period of time, which is not a warranty situation. Good Luck

jk3700

Threads
Still sounds like its starving for fuel.

Especially since it starts with a squirt of starting fluid.

Even when its hot, you can start it with a squirt?