New 4518 Owner

Leed3

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi,
I just purchased a 4518 as a "For Parts or Rebuild". I am rebuilding it. Most of it is in great shape. The motor works fine. I do have a couple of questions. First, there is a wire hanging down that I am not sure if it is a factory extra wire or something the previous owner did. Here is a couple of pictures:

H1Web.jpg

H2Web.jpg

The end hanging down is not attached to anything. The ends are inside the black tubing even though it looks like they might be attached in the second picture.The first picture has the wires coming out of the harness and I didn't want to unwrap the harness. Does anyone know what this goes to, if anything?

The other question is: Is there any way to tell if the deck has the tensioner arm 75520-758-801 installed? The previous owner indicated that the belt kept coming off but I think he just did not have it installed correctly. After I get the rest of the mower back together, I'll test the deck to see if the belt comes off. But it would be nice to know if I am going to run into problems. In another post I will mention what I went through to get tubes into the tires. The rubber is good but the tires were flat and leaked air, So I put tubes in them.

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to move this thread over to our Honda section.