Honda HR215 HXA

dbean1766

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought this Honda for $40 and it runs great. Only problem was the owner didn't notice the adjustable height wheel bearings had failed and it basically sawed the axle in half. I'm getting ready to disassemble the gear box and replace the axle/shaft that drives the wheels as well as wheel bearings. I'm looking for any insight to how much Honda transmission fluid to replace when closing up the box. Yes, I have genuine Honda shaft, transmission fluid, gasket and adjustable wheel bearings. So far I got under $200 in this purchase and repair and I'm looking for any pointers before I get started on this as well as anything I should look out for when stabbing the drive spline back into the motor box. Thanks in advance for your remarks. db

MowLife

Threads
Fill till it covers half way up the gears from bottom of case and you should be good

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to move this thread over to our Honda section.

dbean1766

Forum Newbie
Threads
Fill till it covers half way up the gears from bottom of case and you should be good

The Honda Transmission fluid came in an 8 oz container. As I've got to lay the gear box on its side to fill, I guess I'll either empty it all or until gears are covered.

Thanks for the response.

mahaffeymj

Threads
The Honda Transmission fluid came in an 8 oz container. As I've got to lay the gear box on its side to fill, I guess I'll either empty it all or until gears are covered.

Thanks for the response.
is this a shift or hydromatic? was thinking of doing same thing as same problem. How did it go? any pointers?