13 hp briggs vangard w twin

bing01

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi,
i have 13 hp b&s andwant to swap to my lawn rider. There are some wires that i do not know what is. The red and blue on one connector, and single black. What is confusing me red one have not diode. What is all that wire for? Thanks

https://postimg.cc/Ffk6M99z

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
What does that gray wire go to that is un plugged towards the bottom corner of the picture?
That almost looks like maybe a voltage regulator.

The real experts should come along shortly.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Take the blower housing off.
That looks like it is the magneto kill wire.
Hillbully / redneck / You-tube repair.
When your safety switches have a problem pull the wire that turns off the mower out of the plug.
This sort of works except at every safety switch is now dissabled which makes the mower dangerous to use .
IT also relies on the carburettor solenoid to work in order to shut down the engine.

bing01

Forum Newbie
Threads
I think blue and red wire on picture is from volatage regulator. Usually is one red wire with diode from regulator. Why i have two wires, red and blue, both with no diode? Single black is killing wire i think.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Red is the charge wire, connects to battery and you won't have a diode since the diodes are inside the regulator/rectifier. Blue wire is for charge indicator light, so if you don't have the charge light and associated wiring then you don't need it.

bing01

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok i will put red to battery. What is small electric conector on right uper side engine on picture? Is it for grounding something?

bing01

Forum Newbie
Threads
Something is wrong about those wires from engine . How to test this it with multimeter? Ground and red wire shows dc volts thats charge battery?