oil change

boylawn

Forum Newbie
Threads
Husqvarna with briggs and stratten 725 exi engine. What about these new mowers with no oil drain plug. They say in manual no oil change required.Just top up as needed.
As an old schooler its hard to beleive you will get the same engine life. Is it synthetic oil?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Don't believe,not sure is the correct answer. Briggs idea is the new engines are manufactured with tighter tolerances, and the distance between the full and the add mark is 20% of the oil volume. They claim that volume is all this is needed to replenish the additives in the remaining oil. The other catch to this is the air filter and spark have to be serviced on a regular basis.

The push mower engines are designed to operate like this for the expected life of 125 hours which for the average user is 10-12 years. You can change it if you want, by making sure the fuel is drained from the system, and then turn the mower on its side to drain the oil out the fill tube, and then refill with the recommended oil of your choice.

deminin

Threads
Husqvarna with briggs and stratten 725 exi engine. What about these new mowers with no oil drain plug. They say in manual no oil change required.Just top up as needed.
As an old schooler its hard to beleive you will get the same engine life. Is it synthetic oil?

I find it hard to believe that oil would last for years....not even synthetic....especially in the absence of any kind of oil filter. IMO, a few dollars a year for an oil change is far cheaper than engine repairs/replacement. I changed the oil/filter in my Husqvarna riding mower, and the oil in my Toro Recycler yesterday. The Toro has a drain plug, but it is easier to just tip it on its side and let it drain from the oil fill tube for several minutes.