Engine How do I remove gas tank on husqvarnia yth24v54

Jerryhall55

Forum Newbie
Threads
How do I remove gas tank from husqvarnia yth24v54.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
With great difficulty.
The rear guard will need to come out. it is held in by the two bolts that hold the seat springs in.
To finish taking the guard off you need to remove the dash tower
To take that off you need to remove the steering wheel or steering shaft depending upon which actual year you have
And the battery carrier usually needs to come out to access the bolts at the bottom of the dash tower.
Then the parking brake & cruise controls need to be disconnected.

The burning question is why do you want to take it off .

Jerryhall55

Forum Newbie
Threads
With great difficulty.
The rear guard will need to come out. it is held in by the two bolts that hold the seat springs in.
To finish taking the guard off you need to remove the dash tower
To take that off you need to remove the steering wheel or steering shaft depending upon which actual year you have
And the battery carrier usually needs to come out to access the bolts at the bottom of the dash tower.
Then the parking brake & cruise controls need to be disconnected.

The burning question is why do you want to take it off .

Gas tank is under the seat! Tank needs clean out!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you have a compressor then the easy way is to drain the tank, remove the filler cap and let it sit in the sun for a day or so.
Then hook up your compressor to the tank outlet and give it a good blow.

This will sane a lot of work.

I don't pull many Husky tanks cause I blow them.
However the exact same JD 100 series mowers split their tanks which need to come out & be either repaired or replaced.
On those you need to get the back of the guard about 10" high to get the tank out.

So the rear guard does not need to be fully removed most f the time, depending upon the actual model & shape of the tank.
Thus if the dash tower is loosened enough to give you 3" to 4" at that end the very rear can come up high enough to wiggle the tank out.

There are a lot of videos showing 1/2 witts shoving a jack in there and jacking the back up.
This will crease the rear guard at the rear of the foot boards & make the mower very uncomfortable to use as your heel ends up too high.

The IPL for you mower is available from the Husqvarna web site.
have a good look at the body page.