Husqvarna ride-on mower Steering strained

anthonyk

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi

Driving my ride on the other day the front wheel caught the corner or a wall as i entered the garage and has strained the steering.

When the steering wheel is at centre the wheels now turned at an angle. Looking at the asssembly in the ling below iam struggling to see what has strained.

The push drag link or the steering gear are the only possibility. The drag link is a solid piece of metal, not sure if that is bent.

Anyone experience in what could be strained?

Cth140 twin

http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/diagra... (960610192)

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Usually the drag links bend, they are a lot more frail than they look.
Because the market for ride ons is so price sensitive ( read cheap ) factories are always cutting costs so adjustable drag links vanished a long while ago.

anthonyk

Forum Newbie
Threads
Usually the drag links bend, they are a lot more frail than they look.
Because the market for ride ons is so price sensitive ( read cheap ) factories are always cutting costs so adjustable drag links vanished a long while ago.

Thanks

anthonyk

Forum Newbie
Threads
Don't think its the drag rod link, took it out and it is the correct measurement of 16".

Is there anything in the steering gear that could be strained?

MowLife

Threads
Either your drag link or a bent spindle. I doubt you bent front axle assembly.

anthonyk

Forum Newbie
Threads
Either your drag link or a bent spindle. I doubt you bent front axle assembly.

Ya spindle look bent but its hard to tell. it will be even harder to bend it back into place. might be a job for the torch. the easy option would be to bent the drag rod to accommodate to strain.