Backfire when hot only

civic

Threads
Jeff,

I thought your idea was great and I bought Sea Foam. I let it do its thing and today no backfire. Makes a lot of sense about carbon build up. This mower is about 10 years old and been through 2 floods. I don't mind throwing money at this mower, best mower I have ever bought but I have had lots of maintenance work. I do it all myself some is trial and error others is from other members here like you that give tips. Will report back on this issue. Thank you!

jp1961

Threads
Hello,

You're welcome. Every once in a while, the two brain cells I have left, hold hands and fire an electronic signal in my brain,,,lol.

Regards

Jeff

civic

Threads
So far so good, no backfires since cleaning intake with SeaFoam and adding to fuel, must have been carbon deposits.

jp1961

Threads
Hello,

FWIW, G.M. sells a "Top Engine Cleaner", that does a pretty good job of removing carbon deposits.

It was sold in a quart can, back when cars had carburetors, to pour down the throat of the carb, and now as a spray to use in the intake of fuel injected engines.

Available at G.M. dealerships only.

I'd change the oil, maybe a few times, to clean out any gunk the seafoam dissolved.

Regards

Jeff

Last edited: