Fuel Fuel Hose Leak - 2002 Troy Bilt (MTD) Garden tractor 14AB809H063

datbird

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Fuel Hose Leak - 2002 Troy Bilt (MTD) Garden tractor 14AB809H063
Here some images of exactly the hose I'm referring to: https://imgur.com/a/2PjzteY

I'm a total newb when it comes to anything with my hands, but I have this fuel leak on my Garden tractor. I'm trying to figured out what I need to do to be sure I have the right part and what I might be getting into replacing it. If I managed to find all the right bolts and screws to open it up and replace the line do I need to know anything about replacing fuel lines in general? Getting everything nice and tight so it doesn't leak sure, but like does this cause you to need to drain fuel or something weird I am unaware of first or just go to town on it?

It's old enough that I find very little information about it online, so just looking for any advice on this. I found this which appears to be a listing of parts for this Garden tractor, but I cant tell what I actually need for it:

https://www.partstree.com/parts/tro...troy-bilt-garden-tractor-garden-tractor-2002/

Not only that but I suspect a generic hose would work fine if I knew anything about the sizing etc, but I'm such a newb I am just not sure. I'm also interested in any temporary fixes, like types of tape that I could put on the hose crack etc. I want this because it may be hard to find time between now and when I need to mow to to actually perform the permanent repair.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Fuel Hose Leak - 2002 Troy Bilt (MTD) Garden tractor 14AB809H063
IT is 1/4" ( ID ) fuel hose every auto shop will have it by the foot or in a coll cut to size.
Pinch the clip tanks together & slide the clip about 1" down the hose
Hold the hose in a pair of pliers & rotate it to break it free then push it off with a screwdriver.
Pulling on the hose can break the plastic.
If it won't budge cut it along the length with a box cutter.