725D Bogging and killing

dustyj

Forum Newbie
Threads
my 2016 725D just started to bog down when you push the sticks forwards, seems to do it after its been running a while. it used to clear up but is now starting to die when it bogs does this in cut grass. just wondering if anyone has had this type of issue.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
Diesel? Probably needs a new fuel filter.

dustyj

Forum Newbie
Threads
It’s a diesel, that’s where I was planning to start

BWH

Threads
Dusty did the new fuel filter clear thins up on your 725?

Just curious.

dustyj

Forum Newbie
Threads
Not quite sure just yet, I started with replacing the air filters, motor was running good then it started acting up and killed, tried to start it and wouldn’t stay running. I then replaced the fuel filter and bled the air out, it started up and ran but was acting kinda funny, I’m thinking there may be some air trapped somewhere and it’s working it out. I have about seven acres to cut so I’ll try it out again this week and see what happens

BWH

Threads
I think I know exactly what you mean when you say its acting funny, I recently ran my 725 D out of fuel. I added fuel and pumped the primer lever and it started but it wasn't quite right. I shut it down and pumped the diesel primer lever a few more times and restarted, it still wasn't quite right but 45 seconds later it was back to normal.

Good Luck

dustyj

Forum Newbie
Threads
It seems to be doing a lot better, cut the grass this past weekend without any issues. So I’m hoping it was just the fuel filter

dustyj

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well just when I thought it was doing better it started acting up again it looks like it stops pumping fuel from the tank, I pulled the fuel pickup line from the tank and there is no suction than I can feel, I let the mower sit for a few hours and it started back up and run. I’m guessing it has a mechanical fuel pump so I will have to look Into that

electriceel

Forum Newbie
Threads
dustyj, thx for topic! I feel your pain.
hello to all, just joined after acquiring first grasshopper approx a 2001 721D.
Won't rant about PO lying about "needs nothing" but really getting to know my machine this way I guess.
Anyway have had similar prob with slowing down and dying. Mechanical fuel pump. bleed lines, starts runs strong maybe 10 min till no more fuel seen in first filter then dies.
Havent replaced filters yet but if manually fill the filter it started ran and sucked more fuel out of a jar of fuel so cant see filter as prob and seemed pump working, at least intermittently.
Pickup in tank clear.
To me it would seem an intermittent failing of pump if that is possible.
Anyone tried subbing in an electric fuel pump which would be way cheaper than new mech?