Help With JD 125, Fuel issues

Buzzkutt12

Forum Newbie
Threads
Good Morning,
I bought this mower JD 125, 20hp briggs, 42 inch cut used. It ran ok last year, however it would cut off like it ran out of fuel sometimes. I replace the filter, and drained the gas tank and it got better. I stored it for the winter. This year it ran worse then finally quit. I replaced the filter, pump and verified it was getting gas to the carb. No better. I pulled the carb took it apart and cleaned it. It runs barely, it acts like its getting to much fuel(linked video). My next step would be to put a kit in or just order a new carb. Carbs are hard to find and the ones I do are not cheap. Any advice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRr7an0E3xM

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'd order & install a carburetor kit after cleaning carburetor spotless.

D

Deleted member 97405

this series had two issues. the fuel line could get pinched between the rear of the tank and frame (assuming it has the whitish colored tank). also the vent hole in the fuel cap plugs up and the engine will run a few minutes then starve for fuel because the tank isnt venting. make sure the vent hole is open. also, i have seen bug bodies get sucked up into the fuel line and lodge in the pickup tube or behind a shutoff valve. hope this helps!