Fuel Lines - need help

Coby

Threads
Hello, everyone, I am new to the forum and this is my first post.

Hopefully, you could help me with the following problem.*

I have a Craftsman 1997 hydrostatic Ride-on Mower with a Briggs and Stratton intel engine. The details of the engine are:*

Model 42E707- 63101 and the year is 1997.*

I noticed a small leak in the fuel line and decided to buy and replace the line. The replacement went fine and I decided then to check the other two hoses. Unfortunately, I dislodged one of them and for the life of me, I can not determine where it goes.*

The line from the Petrol tank to the fuel pump is fine and petrol flows if disconnected from the fuel pump and is lower than the petrol tank. When connected there is no fuel getting to the carburettor.*

The line to the crankcase seems fine. The problem I am having is the other line which is on the left if you are facing the front of the mower. I assume that the three lines are:*

1) input from the tank.*
2) Pulse to the crankcase*
3) Fuel Pump to the carburettor. This is the one I can't see where it connects.*

I have photos which I have uploaded.*

I would be so appreciative if anyoneDSC00056.jpgDSC00058.jpg could help or have a diagram.*

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
There is no fuel pump to carb line since the fuel pump is mounted on the carb, and pumps fuel directly into the carb. The long fuel line on the left in your picture should be the one coming from the tank the nipple on the bottom of the fuel pump would be the crankcase impulse line.

Coby

Threads
There is no fuel pump to carb line since the fuel pump is mounted on the carb, and pumps fuel directly into the carb. The long fuel line on the left in your picture should be the one coming from the tank the nipple on the bottom of the fuel pump would be the crankcase impulse line.

Thank you for the replies to my post – I appreciate both of your efforts.

Lawn King: Reading your reply emphasises how silly I am but also how beneficial this forum is and how lucky one is to be able to seek advice from experienced people such as yourself.

I have reconnected the lines to the pump in the way you mentioned.

I need to demonstrate my lack of knowledge again and ask you where does the end of the impulse line connect to the crankcase?

Thanks again for all your help.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Been awhile since I looked at one, but seem to remember that it is located behind and lower than the carb, on the semi round area of the block where the camshaft would be located. Some where a nipple cast into the block, other were a screw in type nipple with barbs on it.

Coby

Threads
Been awhile since I looked at one, but seem to remember that it is located behind and lower than the carb, on the semi round area of the block where the camshaft would be located. Some where a nipple cast into the block, other were a screw in type nipple with barbs on it.

Lawn King: Thank you so much - you have made an old guy in France relieved and happy.