Which V2 type should you search for?

GMG_25

Threads
Hello everybody.

With the help of this forum, we have been able to pinpoint a B & S opposed twin without serial numbers. Thanks again.
Unfortunately, it has now been shown that I have not caught a particularly good engine nor a great basic model of this series.

Then forum member Walt was kind enough to let me have access to a workshop manual for that series so that in future I will not repeat my mistake on this type of engine.

The search for a replacement engine has been shown that here in Germany, the B & S opposed twin is not very common and therefore rare to find on the used market in good condition.

On the other hand, the B & S V-twin can be found more frequently on the second-hand market.

But I do not want to repeat my mistake from the first time and therefore ask here before I start searching for a V2-engine:

- which models, series, versions of the B & S V-twin should you look for?
- Which B & S V-twin do you avoid?
- which outfit is desirable?

Thanks in advance,
have a nice day y'all
Franz

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
I liked the Vanguard over the Intek, but I don't know what is available these days.

GMG_25

Threads
Hi Fish,
Thank you.

So I'm always looking for the Vanguard version of every engine (at least in the OHV world), right? I keep my fingers off Intek?

The availability will surely fluctuate.
However, since I have asked this time before, I have time and can look around relaxed.

Which other important categories should be considered?

My thanks in advance,
to all a nice weekend,
greetings
Franz