STX38 dies when brake is released

Atomictom

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have been operating for years, without a seat switch. Then out of the blue, it just started dying, whenever you release the brake pedal.
I believe there is only the seat switch, and the brake switch on here. So not being great with electrical issues, I just replaced the brake switch... No change. I put a jumper wire in the seat switch plug... No change. I'm about ready to trade it in, for something that isn't green

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The seat switch like all of the safety switches that cause the engine to stop is a ground wire.
So some where there is a short to ground.

And it don't matter what colour the mower id the safety circuits all work the same.
The latter ones just get more complicated to make it harder for people to dissable them

D

Deleted member 97405

check the wiring going through the frame channel from the back to the front of the machine. sometimes the wiring corrodes in that channel and creates issues. you may have to run a separate wire outside the channel if the issue is in the channel.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Disconnect the mag ground wire at the engine. If it runs with the brake off then begin looking for the safety switch that's grounding the mag.