Hustler Super 104 main deck drive belt issue

A346101

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, I am new to the forum and looking for some sage advice/insight. I had my company buy a Hustler Super 104 to take over mowing responsibilities at our facility due to contractors not doing their job. The super 104 is a mowing beast, however I have started running into trouble with the deck drive belt that engages off the clutch. The OE belt broke after 52 hours, and the next belt only lasted 25 hours before it broke. I only engage the belt at 3/4 throttle as shown by the dealer who delivered the mower, then throttle up to begin mowing. I now inspect the belt tensioner pulley spring at every startup to make sure it is staying in spec between 7.2" - 8.2" in case the belt is stretching. I am now also coming in after an hour of mowing and blowing out any grass buildup inside the skid plate and rear wheel hubs to try and keep any buildup from putting unneeded tension on the drive belt. I am wondering if there are any other tips or if I am just having issues with belt quality and not necessarily anything I am doing.

Thanks

rick.kinney

Threads
Hello, I am new to the forum and looking for some sage advice/insight. I had my company buy a Hustler Super 104 to take over mowing responsibilities at our facility due to contractors not doing their job. The super 104 is a mowing beast, however I have started running into trouble with the deck drive belt that engages off the clutch. The OE belt broke after 52 hours, and the next belt only lasted 25 hours before it broke. I only engage the belt at 3/4 throttle as shown by the dealer who delivered the mower, then throttle up to begin mowing. I now inspect the belt tensioner pulley spring at every startup to make sure it is staying in spec between 7.2" - 8.2" in case the belt is stretching. I am now also coming in after an hour of mowing and blowing out any grass buildup inside the skid plate and rear wheel hubs to try and keep any buildup from putting unneeded tension on the drive belt. I am wondering if there are any other tips or if I am just having issues with belt quality and not necessarily anything I am doing.

Thanks

THE PLASTIC PULLIES WILL LOCKUP AND CAUSE THE BELT TO BREAK. THEY SHOULD BE UNDER WARRANTY IF THE MOWER IS NEW. EXPERIENCED THE BEARINGS NOT INSERTED/ PRESSED IN CORRECTLY EVEN AFTER THEY WERE REPLACED BY THE COMPANY. LOOK AT THE PULLIES FOR CORRECT AND EVEN BEARINGS.

A346101

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks, I will check out those pulley bearings