Craftsman LTS2000 no reverse and motion control lever hard to push forward

brandonlykins

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Craftsman LTS2000 no reverse and motion control lever hard to push forward
I have a 2009 Craftsman LTS2000 42" cut riding mower. 3 days ago the mower started to not back up when put into reverse and the motion control lever became very hard to push forward and only goes forward half in inch unless forcefully pushed forward. So in forward the mower will only go super slow unless forcing it forward then it will speed up. Not sure what to do or where to begin.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
post model number from under seat, remove deck & check drive belt, pulleys, linkages, inspect everything, scotch front wheels & jack up rear axle & use jack stands, sit in seat & operate forward & reverse, let us know how it goes.

brandonlykins

Forum Newbie
Threads
post model number from under seat, remove deck & check drive belt, pulleys, linkages, inspect everything, scotch front wheels & jack up rear axle & use jack stands, sit in seat & operate forward & reverse, let us know how it goes.

Here is the model # 917. 289081
I have checked the drive belts, pulleys and all. I did lift the rear off the ground and put on jack stands and still no reverse but did move for a few seconds in reverse but real slow. Forward gear works but super slow like the shifter isnt engaging all the way forward for faster speed.